Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A change

Isn’t it amazing how the simplest things can turn your day around?  For me, today it was a little, old lady wearing a hot green beret, a purple blouse, and a grey granny sweater.  The beret was like the color of a ripe kiwifruit and it was secured on her grey and black curls.  The contrasts of colors was stunning!  I was immediately impresed and I told her how stunning it looked.  She laughed and said she needed a haircut!  But the visual masterpiece and the simplicity of colors reacting together made my day.  It perked me up and made my attitude change.
Sometimes it’s a song I love.  Or a song I just haven’t heard in a long time.  Most often it’s a walk, a beautiful view, a deep breath, a little prayer under my breath, that changes my day.  Everything seems better after that moment.
What changes your day?  What turns your day around from glum to cheery?

1 comment: