Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Teleportation

January 16, 2010
I’ve just been sitting at a table on the front porch of a coffee shop on the main road of Fox Glacier sipping a coffee.  It’s been a very Glacier, WA-like experience.  Today it’s raining, but it’s very warm.  Close.  I watched the little bit of traffic drive by and the few tourists, who have stopped in town, running through the rain.  I saw a little baby walking out in the rain followed by her grandfather.  She fell down and he picked her up.  It made me think of Samuel.  Although he is probably now a lot bigger than that little baby.  
I wish I could transport my friends and family here to New Zealand even if it is just to have a cup of coffee with me on the front porch of Cafe Neve.  They could have a little cup of coffee and laugh with me and then they could go home to their normal lives.  Or I could transport home just for a little visit, maybe to play with Samuel or go out to dinner with friends.  Then I could come back home to Fox Glacier and my job and friends and life here.

No comments:

Post a Comment