Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dry Cleaning & Tea and Cake

18 March 2011
The best part of my day today was getting my drycleaning done and enjoying tea and cake at the oldest house in Queenstown.  Obviously these two things are pretty different!  But I had been worried that my dry clean only work pants wouldn’t get cleaned before I started my new job on Monday.  They suffered three months of hard labor and needed some love!  But I was worried that I’d waited too long to take them to a drycleaner.  But no problemo!  They drycleaned my pants in four hours!  Yay!  Now I can go confidently to work at my new job with clean pants.
I spent the afternoon on the hill overlooking the town.  I took the Skyline Gondola up, had lunch, and then walked around.  I took way too many photos, but the lake here is so beautiful that I couldn’t help myself.  Also the Remarkables mountain range is amazing!
Then I went to visit Vesta, a cafe/boutique, located in the oldest house in Queenstown.  It was lovely, laid back, and quiet.  Compared to this crazy hostel I’ve been living in, it was heaven!  The house is called the William’s Cottage.  The lady was so nice.  Since I was paying with change she charged me less for my snack because she needed the change!  So I kind of got a deal on it all!
Tomorrow I plan to visit Arrowtown, a little town outside of Queenstown.

No comments:

Post a Comment