Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Moving On

12 March 2011
I only have two more nights here in Fox Glacier.  Part of me is really grateful I got the chance to live and work here.  Part of me is wondering why I wasted time here!  I still have so much more to see of New Zealand.  I’ve been in New Zealand almost four months and I’ve mostly seen this town!  I’ve learned a lot though.  I understand myself better and I’ve gained a lot of experience and expertise from working at Te Weheka Inn.
Monday morning the Stray bus will come pick me up and I will start a new part of my journey here.  I’ve only booked the Stray bus through Queenstown.  Stray is a bus/tour company that helps people see New Zealand and enjoy meeting other people.  I can get on and off as much and as often as I like in a year.  So even though the tour is 28 days I’ve only booked through Queenstown because I think I want to spend some time there before I travel again.
Chris, my boss at work, has talked to other hotels in our chain to see if they need any help and it looks like I could have about six weeks of work at a hotel in Te Anau.  Te Anau is south west of Queenstown.  It has just over 1,000 people.  It will feel like a big town!  So eventually I plan to get to Te Anau too.  
Te Anau is the jumping off point to visit Doubtful Sound and Milford Sound.  These are two beautiful places that I really want to see so Te Anau will be a great landing place for me.  Please be praying that it all works together.  At the moment nothing is definite.  
I still have to pack a ton of stuff and I hate to pack!  I need prayer for packing too!  
This is all new again.  My nerves are quietly rattling below the surface as I try to face leaving my comfortable life here to go adventuring again!
I don’t know when I will have good Internet access again so it might be some time until you hear from me!  Hopefully I will be able to keep you updated on all my adventures!

1 comment:

  1. Yes keep writing and taking pictures so you can let the rest of us know how you are doing. My prayers go with you. God bless you girl. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete