Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Friends

May 14, 2011

Well, I’ve had some very exciting couple of days.  Well, compared to my normal boring life!

Sunday I visited a different church and had a fabulous time.  Wonderful worship and prayer.  I got some words from people from God and just enjoyed fellowship.  I met two lovely ladies: Sandra and Nita.  Nita invited me over to her home for dinner on Thursday night.

She picked me up after her kids were finished with school.  She has three daughters: Esther, Debbie, and Hannah.  Hannah is only four months old.  We visited Sandra.  Sandra has a few kids too!  When we got to Nita’s house I helped the girls with their reading and spelling homework.  Then they took me out to get the eggs from the chickens and feed the chickens.  Well, that was truly a new experience to me!  I’m such a city slicker!

We had a nice simple dinner and played Monopoly Deal.  It’s like Monopoly but with playing cards and the game doesn’t last forever.  But it took me a really long time to figure out how to play!  It was wonderful and cozy in their home.  We had a wood-burning stove and watched a movie.  Poor Nita fell asleep on the couch after breast feeding Hannah and I had to wake her up to take me home!

My former co-worker from Fox Glacier, Caroline, has come to town for a visit.  She ended up missing her Doubtful Sound overnight cruise yesterday and had to postpone it to today.  In the end I think it worked out better because the weather is much nicer today.  She and I had coffee and hung out before I had to go to work.  It was great to catch up with her and hear about all the going-ons in Fox.  She’ll be back next week so we’ll hang out again then.  Maybe go for dinner.

I only have a week left here in Te Anau and only seven days left of work.  I’m going to miss this beautiful place and the lovely people I’ve met.  Maybe I can come back someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment