Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Saying Goodbye to Distinction

May 20, 2011
At 1:30 this afternoon I couldn’t wait until work came to an end.  I was so bored.  Bored. Bored. Bored.  I knew it was the end.  The end of working for Distinction Hotels.  The end of working for the rest of my time in New Zealand.  Even possibly the end of working for a while.  But I still couldn’t wait to be done!
Then at 2:30 my boss, Jocelyn brought in a chocolate frosted banana bread cake and coffee.  She even gave me a present.  All the staff around the office congregated in the back and we chatted and said our goodbyes.  Jocelyn gave me a book about Fiordland and some Manuka honey lotion.  I feel so loved.
I also feel a bit sad that it’s all over.  I might work again in New Zealand, but if I can I’d like not to.  Distinction Hotels have been my home here in this foreign country.  They have housed me and fed me.  A good number of my friends in New Zealand I met through working for them.  Distinction has been a bit of an anchor for me and now I’m leaving it behind.
It’s time to step out in faith again.  It’s time to take a leap almost as big as my first leap I took to come here.  I’m letting go of my security blanket and stepping out into a bit of the unknown.  
Unknown, here I come!
So if you’re interested in what that unknown will probably be here is a kind of itinerary -- if nothing changes!
Monday, May 23, 2011 Stewart Island
Tuesday, May 24, 2011 Dunedin
Wednesday, May 25 Mt. Cook
Thursday, May 26 Rangitata
Friday, May 27 Kaikura
Saturday May 28 Blenheim

2 comments:

  1. Hey Annemarie, sorry about the long time no see. I've got a lot of catching up to do, I've missed your story and am glad to finally get back to you.
    I think you are awesome and to tell the truth, I'm a little envious of your time over there. Oh well!
    Go in peace my friend and remember that you are never alone. God is with you and so are we, your followers. Keep in touch and may God bless you. Lots of love and friendship, Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annemarie--I am so proud of your courage. What a marvelous time this foray into New Zealand has been for you. God has met you time and again with a job, a friend, a hug, a welcome, a cake and a gift. You will never regret your wonderful down under adventure. It just might be "pile of stones" that you will recall time and again in life to remind you of the faithfulness of God as you step out in courage to do it again! Love you sweetie! Have a great time traveling on the Stray Bus making more memories. Be sure and post pictures and check in on facebook. Hopefully we'll keep in touch as you travel. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete