Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready to Go!

February 9, 2011
I’ve decided I’m ready to leave Fox Glacier.  I wasn’t ready last week, but this week I am.  Mentally, of course.  Literally, my bags are still unpacked and my stuff is strewn around this house!  But mentally it’s time.
I’ve fallen into some bad habits in the last few weeks.  Now, I know a change of scene isn’t enough to kick my bad habits.  But I feel like if I got away it might help.  I’m ready to get my traveling shoes on!  I’m thinking about going to Doubtful Sound on an overnight boat trip.  Check it out here http://realjourneys2.thrive.net.nz/Main/.
Sounds great doesn’t it?  I’m ready to go on vacation again.  I don’t know if I’ll ever be one of those people that works all year round with only two weeks vacation.  It’s only been a couple of months since my last month long vacation and I’m ready for another one!
I’ve been working really hard here in Fox Glacier.  My job is physical and often the interpersonal strength it takes to work here is too much!  It’s a constant balancing act!
But I’m thankful for it.  I’m thankful for all the positive things I did today: eating fruit for breakfast, taking time to sit in the sun, drinking water, buying coffee for a friend, listening to my new roommates talk about Chile, vacuuming my house, making my bed, and lending a friend a book.  Those are all positive things!  I’m so grateful!  I’m happy for the experiences I’ve had here.  
I’ve let my boss Chris know that I will probably leave after the first two weeks of March.

2 comments:

  1. When the right time for you to move comes it will just happen. I have spent almost my whole life moving but have become tied to the farm where I now live. I am wondering whether it may be time for me to start wandering again. You sound like a great person. God bless you and if you don't mind I would like to hear about what happens in your future. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I simply love the decisiveness of your intention. This is amazing! No teetering, but a decision that observes the positive, acknowledges the timing, and leaves no regrets! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete