Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Record Breaking Time!

February 15, 2011
Today marks my three month anniversary.  I have lived in New Zealand for three months now!  This is actually one of the most important markers in my adventure because this is the longest I’ve ever been from home.  When I went to France I was there for exactly three months and then I went to Prague for a week and then came home.  
This is the longest I’ve gone without driving a car and without seeing my parents.  When I was in France my parents came to visit me about half way through the trip.  I remember how homesick everyone on my France trip was.  There were only a few people who didn’t talk about home or left behind boyfriends everday.  Leading up to the end of the trip everyone was so excited to go home.  I was one of the very few on the trip not flying straight back to the US.  I was going to Prague.  I remember being sad and jealous that I wasn’t going home too.  I was kind of dreading going to Prague for a whole week longer.  Besides having all these people around me ready to go home, I had a cold.  Whenever I’m sick there’s nothing I want more than to be with my mom.  She always makes me feel better.  Needless to say I wanted to go home.  Everything turned out wonderful in Prague though.  I was with different people who were excited to be there.  And the ladies I traveled with really mothered me!  When I got there with such an awful cold, they took good care of me.  I soon recovered and enjoyed my week in Prague.  
I’m excited to be breaking new records and creating new ones!  After these three months I’m going into new territory!  This is the longest I’ve ever lived in a foreign country!  And I’m going to break this record by waking up tomorrow morning in beautiful New Zealand!

1 comment:

  1. A new day a new record. Welcome to today. Did you know that "The Lord of the Rings" was shot in New Zealand as was 10 000 BC. Make the most of the opportunity God has given you and enjoy it for soon you will be back in the states and all you will have are memories, make as many as possible and take as many photos as possible too. God bless you girl. Geoff.

    ReplyDelete